Friday, July 6, 2012

In the beginning..

I'm not sure when I felt that I was just a little off or a tad bit different than most kids my age. Perhaps it was those stupid tortoise framed glasses my parents put me in. Or the simple fact that I was antisocial for as long as I can remember. I had one friend growing up. No one else wanted to hang around him except for me. From a well to do family, it kind of surprised me. Then again his breath did smell like dog shit every day. I don't know. I didn't care. He accepted me and I him. I'm sure he went off to law school or medical and has more money than God. Hell. He could have even turned out to be a male prostitute pimping himself out on South Beach. I have no clue as is the case with most of the people I knew growing up. I lost touch with him after Elementary. I saw him again years later while in High School. He had two girls on each arm. Honestly, I felt unsuccessful and pathetic. Girlfriendless of course. Such was the story of my life. Chasing others' dreams instead of finding value in self. Jealousy and envy. Who was I? It was the beginning of an adventure that would ultimately paint the collage that is my life today. Ironically, geeky tortoise glasses are back in fad. Thank goodness because I have come full circle wearing them again to paint my collage for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment