Friday, September 10, 2010

Virtual Meets Actual - Doh!


We have all taken actions that we wish we could have done better in. I call this life experience. Yeah we human's sure can fuck things up some times. I'm a man about town. I'm single at the moment. I come and go as I choose. I have a wonderful dog. I have awesome friends around me. Life is good. But just like in personal relationships, we can mess up with our friends too.

I'm sitting in a well know coffee shop. Everyone who knows me understands I'm high energy and I love to laugh (This is Caffeine Central after all). I'm busily having conversations with my smart phone. Twitter, Facebook, Text message, even on the phone. The look of death from the surrounding people when I answer the phone calls reminds me of sitting in a library. I want to say, "Look we all know you're here not to actually work, but to be seen instead!" I make the comment of feeling like I'm in a depressed library online. All hell breaks loose from two close friends. If I was in a library, I was in the wrong place.

I decided that the best course of action was to leave. I really did need to get things done prior to needing to pick up Josie from Charlotte's own Dogtopia doggy day care. I live at the North end of town. Dogtopia is at the South end.

I prepare to walk out and realize  those two good friend were sitting in the same "library" as me! I simply say, "It's a library in here because I say it is." Wish them a great day and leave. Not the smartest decision.  Text messages and Twitter replies start flying. I honestly didn't want to bother these two awesome people when I know they are truly working. One sided.. I know everyone in there was probably honestly working (and trying to be seen I'm sure) - I don't care and sit all the way in the back.

Needless to say, I turned my pickup truck around and came back. I spent a great hour with two wonderful people to me.

Sometimes in life we make the best decisions we think are right in that very moment.. It is amazing how our friends can quickly correct that thought process. I'm glad I got to spend time with them and share some of my bad influence.

ADELANTE! (Spanish for Ever Forward - to live!)
-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment