Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Joshua Tree


According to Desert USA, the Joshua Tree thrives in a barren desert environment. Sprung up through the dry hostile environment of the Mojave Desert, where life seems impossible, the Joshua Tree has developed a symbiotic relationship with a single organism - the female Pronuba Moth. Only this moth can spread the pollen from the Joshua Tree to ensure its survival and blossoming. Reciprocated by the moth, the Pronuba can only reproduce in the Joshua Tree and feed off of the Joshua Tree's pollinated seeds. Without the Joshua Tree, there would be no Pronuba and vice versa. 

The Joshua Tree and the Pronuba have the perfect relationship in an extremely imperfect and challenging environment. They are an oasis of life where everything is at odds against them.

I have been through my share of relationships. I think we all seek this symbiotic relationship. Some of us have found it. Some of us are still traveling through the hostile environment seeking that one bright spot in our lives that meets all of our needs. Nature is a great teacher. I stop and look around at my surroundings for these small lessons. 

Our hostile environment includes our jobs, bosses, the world in general, and who can forget traffic. In nature, like the Pronuba and the Joshua Tree, there is drought, excessive heat, and predators. 

Everything happens for a reason. The great hope that nature teaches me is that life is possible, and the person that is perfect for me is out there. The Joshua Tree and the Pronuba know exactly what they are and what they need. Being true to myself, being myself, and knowing exactly what I am looking for in my better half is the lesson learned the Joshua Tree demonstrates. 

In the wasteland of challenges, the Joshua Tree thrives. The Joshua Tree exists without compromise to it's needs. Our challenge is being true to ourselves. Our goal: to navigating through adversity in order to make our lives... remarkable!

Ever Forward - Adelante!

No comments:

Post a Comment