Friday, September 14, 2012

Late Night Mumble

Sitting in the dark at this late hour. Can't sleep. There's nothing wrong except that impending career change. Do I remain in a current role, or move inside? Either way, I'm certain the income will be better. What is there to lose? With as much knowledge that I have, even if it were to all end, and there was a cut in my near future, I can hold my head up and say, "Joe, you've done alright." Such a positive feeling.

Ernest Hemingway wrote in For Whom the Bell Tolls, "Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today." This thought and living motto creed I have lived. Some of which extremely satisfying and others painful like a roaring fire to the skin. How does one teach this or learn it for that matter? Answer: it cannot be taught to another orally - merely lived and observed, while paying constant attention to the cause and effects of being. Experience. Learning. Willing to walk through changes to grow better. 

What have I done today through actions to grow? 

The day is over - it no longer counts. Tomorrow it begins again while striving towards progress and excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment