Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Survival

As the first posting back to Caffeine in much time, I wanted to dedicate this to you my followers. I have not been in some rehab. I have not been locked away. What I have been doing is restructuring my life. Technically, I’m not even supposed to be here right now… so fuck it! We’ve got just one life to live.

It is the power of survival which moves us.

Regardless of how bad things go, it has been my experience that we have but a mere few options. We can continue on the current road, live life as best we can, and trudge the road to a perceived happiness. Or, we can realize that we have the power to embrace the freedom that has been given us to make our lives magnificent. 

Choose not the road of least resistance. If my life is any example, it has seen its share of painful experiences, the feeling of being let down, missed opportunities, loss, disasters and death… I can add to this list ad infinitum. Each one came with yet another experience. There is never a fall backwards – always a fall forwards provided I was willing to examine the painful situation and become willing to make whatever changes were necessary.

The motivation to change must come from within.

I don’t seek out from others stability. I do carry and keep myself around those with the right attitude. I change based off of my unwillingness to feel pain. I take the observations I see clearly, learn from them and move on. I recognize all that which brings unhappiness. I become willing to do whatever it takes to change that which is unacceptable. I take stock in my current moral inventory. Then fight with all of my might to obtain what I seek.

In the words of a famous musician, I’m not afraid to take a stand. Break out of the cage, stand up, face your demons, and put your life back together right now. If you can dream it, it can come true. Recognize those things which need to be left behind as hard as that is. Then walk through the fire of that life change.

I’m raising the bar on what to expect out of life. Walking through those flames will make you appreciate life and your abilities. What will you do today to make the difference in your life? What are you willing to do to make it happen? I’ve gone to hell and back literally. I had to show up. I had to create the resolve I was going to break the walls down to make it happen.

Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment